- Certificate IV
Certificate IV in Individual Support ( Disability )
- 18 Months
- WorkReady Funding
- 2 Days per week
The Certificate IV in Disability provides you with the qualifications and expertise to work in the growing care industry.
A Certificate IV in Disability opens you to up to several career opportunities, including disability support workers, behavioural support officers, development officers and more. With the skills and experience you’ve accumulated during your CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability program, you’ll be able to enter a job feeling confident, competent, and ready to hit the ground running.
- Self Paced Hours: 20 hours per week for 20 weeks
- $875 (Non-concessional)
- South Australia
- Disability Support Officer / worker
- Job Coordinator
- Local Area Coordinator
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) service provider
- Diploma of Disability
- Bachelor of Disability and Development Education
Units of Competency
- Unit CodeUnit Description
- CHCCCS015Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS002Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS009Facilitate ongoing skills development using person-centred approach
- CHCDIS007Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS010Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV001Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTPAL001Deliver care services using Palliative approach
- HLTHPS007Administer and Monitor Medications
- CHCCCS011Meet personal support needs
- CHCDIS005Develop and provide person-centred responses
- Fee for Service - $1800.00
- Work Ready Eligible students - $875.00
- *This fee includes DHS clearance, First Aid and Manual Handling*
- $875 (Non-concessional)
- $600 (Concessional)
The following entry requirements need to be met prior to course commencement:
- Must be over the age of 18 years at the time of course induction
- Must be able to participate in 120 hours of work placement
- Ability to gain clean Police and DHS clearances
- Meet LLN requirements by completing LLN test
- Complete CSPA assessment and the Work Ready Upfront Assessment of Need process
- Attend suitability interview
- Must reside in South Australia if applying for Government Funding
- Students must have access to a computer, email, and internet
- Students must have a level of physical fitness to work within the Aged Care/ disability industry.
- Completion of related courses such as; Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) , Certificate III in Individual Support (General or another specialisation)
Recognition of prior learning
- If you have existing knowledge or skills relating to the requirements of this course you can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL). RPL may be granted for knowledge or skills obtained through prior education, training, work and life experiences. RPL fees are $200.00 per subject
- If the student has a prior Qualification or a Statement of Attainment issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework from any state or territory, the RTO will automatically give exemptions for those units of competency provided they are current. Credit transfer will be provided on the student record.
- The course is offered as a Blended program only. Students will be required to attend TTSA Campus for practical sessions.
- Students will be supported by their trainer via email, phone calls and or by making appointments to meet face to face.
- Through our blended learning model, you will receive course materials to work through at your own pace as well as attend practical training seminars as required. As part of this course, you will also have the opportunity to experience real-life situations through work placement.
- *This course is expected to take students roughly 18 months to complete*
- 18 Months
- 2 days per week